All public and private kindergarten/elementary/secondary/vocational and technical schools in 11 Southeast Asian countries – namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam – are invited to submit information about programmes, projects and activities that are related to the theme of this year’s competition, ‘Applying Local Wisdom for Environmental Conservation’.
Under the theme of “Applying Local Wisdom for Environmental Conservation,” the school entry should cover the following criteria:
- The entry should be relevant to the theme, and provide details of “local wisdom” that the school has applied for environmental conservation in the school and in the community.
- The entry should demonstrate how the school’s programme can promote the local wisdom for environmental conservation through community engagement that create mutual beneficial partnerships, deepen student learning experiences, support student growth, and sustain the society.
- The entry should demonstrate the transformation of attitude, behavior, daily practices, and life style of students, parents and community after participating in the school’s programme.
- The entry should demonstrate clear information dissemination on how the school transfers the knowledge or shares the practices to other schools in the same community and other communities.
- The school should clearly demonstrate the integration of local wisdom for environmental conservation in all schools aspects such as school management plan, curriculum, teaching and learning practices, co-curricular activities, partnership efforts, community participation, and so on. (Please refer to the *“Submission Form”.)
* Submission Form (and full details on the competition) can be found on the SEAMEO website, here.
** The deadline of entry submissions is Monday 3 September 2018.