Criteria for the Selection of Participants
We are looking for participants who are eager to develop their leadership knowledge and skills. Young people with strong potential to lead the future generations of ASEAN citizens are invited to apply. After reviewing all qualified applications, three (3) participant from each SEAMEO member country will be selected to join the Forum. We will also accept two (2) participants from each of the ASEAN+3 nations, specifically Japan, South Korea, and China.
- 1. Nationality: SEAMEO-member country (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam) and/or Japan, South Korea, and China.
- 2. Age: 18 to 24 years old
- 3. Educational attainment:
- a. Applicants must either be: i) in the senior year of their undergraduate
university program or ii) graduates of an undergraduate university program from
the most recent academic year.
- b. Senior students or recent graduates of various degree programs ñ e.g. sciences,
maths, humanities, social sciences, media, business, agriculture, etc. ñ may
- 4. Experience: Participants with leadership experience in school or in their communities
have an advantage.
- 5. Language: English proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- 6. Desired personal qualities: open-minded, respectful of other cultures, willing to learn,
team player, extroverted, and innovative.
Note: Scanned copies of the required documents can be accepted.
- 1. Filled out application form
- 2. Answers to the following essay questions (about 250 words each question)
- a. What is your envisioned career path?
- b. How will you benefit from the SEAMEO Leadership Forum? What do you think are
the actions or activities you could implement based on what you will learn from the
- c. Why should you be chosen to participate in the Forum?
- 3. One letter of recommendation from a professional or academic contact with official letterhead and signature of the referee
- 4. Official transcript of university records or certified copy of grades
- 5. Curriculum vitae (optional)
Note: DEADLINE is 29 January 2016
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Or post it to (Subject:2nd SEAMEO Youth Leadership Forum):
81/1 Si Ayutthaya Road, Thewet, Dusit
Bangkok, 10300, Thailand