SEAMEO Regional Centre for Higher Education and Development (RIHED) is a regional centre under the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO). The Centre is hosted by the Thai government. Its mission is to foster efficiency, effectiveness, and harmonization of higher education in Southeast Asia through system research, empowerment, and development of mechanisms to facilitate sharing and collaboration in higher education.
The Centre’s programmes serve five interconnected objective areas comprising a) empowering higher education institutions; b) developing harmonization mechanisms; c) cultivating globalized human resources; d) advancing knowledge frontiers in higher education system management; and e) promoting university social responsibility and sustainable development.
The Centre is looking for a new Director. Detailed information about the post is as follows:
Date of Entry of Duty: Tentatively October 2014
Category: Professional staff
Tenure of Appointment: 3 years (renewable)
Description of post:
The Centre Director serves as the chief administrative officer of the Centre working under the policy direction of the SEAMEO RIHED Governing Board. He/She will be accountable to Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Council (SEAMEC) through the Governing Board and will maintain close contact with the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Secretariat (SEAMES).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall management and supervision of the SEAMEO RIHED covering administrative and financial operation, programmes and activities, and organizational development.
2. Organize and manage the support services of SEAMEO RIHED in the promotion, advancement of knowledge, and professional competency in SEAMEO RIHED’s major concerns, i.e. efficiency and effectiveness of higher education with a focus on policy and planning processes, and administrative and management systems.
3. Identify common and special problems of the member countries and the region which affect higher education development, and propose strategies on how SEAMEO RIHED can best serve as a regional body to foster maximum utilization of expertise and resources for the development of higher education.
4. Take responsibility for fundraising and pushing forward education policies and initiatives into concrete actions at the region-wide level.
5. Undertake necessary activities in securing technical and financial cooperation and in public relations.
6. Engage in public relations and dissemination of SEAMEO RIHED works and accomplishment.
7. Plan and serve SEAMEO RIHED Governing Board Meetings including the preparation of the agenda, working papers, progress reports, programmes of activities and budget of activities, as well as recommend strategies for undertaking the activities.
8. Submit periodic reports on the progress of operations and future plans for approval of the SEAMEO RIHED Governing Board, SEAMES, and SEAMEC.
9. Represent SEAMEO RIHED at meetings and conferences.
Qualifications of the Applicants:
1. Having Thai nationality and being between the ages of 40 and 65 (born between 1949 and 1974).
2. Having advanced university degree preferably at doctoral level in education and/or social sciences.
3. At least ten years of experience in teaching and/or research concerning development of higher education in Southeast Asia or in working in Southeast Asian contexts. At least five years of experience in management of international organization with similar nature to SEAMEO RIHED would be an advantage.
4. Having experience in initiating and coordinating educational networks at national and regional levels and in project initiatives and management.
5. Having excellent command of English. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
6. Upholding ethics, moral, and professional integrity.
7. Not having blameworthy or flaw record.
8. Being able to work full time.
Call for application and application form can be accessed and downloaded from www.mua.go.th and www.inter.mua.go.th.
Deadline for Application: 1 September 2014
Venue for Submission of Applications:
Bureau of International Cooperation Strategy
Office of the Higher Education Commission
328 Si Ayutthaya Road, Bangkok 10400
Tel: 0 2610 5397
Fax: 0 2354 5570
– See more at: http://www.seameo-spafa.org/news_events_detail.php?tid=482#sthash.l7x8KgWw.dpuf