Programme Category: Sacred Universe
Type/Category: Workshop and Seminar / Fine Arts
Date/Duration: 27 May – 1 June 2017
Venue: Bali, Indonesia
Collaborator/Partner: Indonesia Institute of the Arts Denpasar (Institut Seni Indonesia Denpasar)
This seminar and workshop programme will focus on the essence of Hinduism and the localization of Hindu art forms and living traditions in Southeast Asia. It will be held in Bali, home to the largest living Hindu community in the region. Led by expert scholars and practitioners from Southeast Asia and India, activities will include lectures on Hindu arts, practices and beliefs, iconography and mythology, hands-on workshops on music and dance, and field trips to sacred sites and landscapes.
There are 10 places available for fee-paying participants:
- 190 USD* for shared twin room accommodation
- 270 USD* for single room accommodation
* Fees include accommodation at the Grand Inna Heritage Hotel, breakfast and lunch every day, one welcome dinner, mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments, local transportation (including airport transfers) and course content. Fee-paying participants are responsible for their own airfare and travel/health insurance.
* As part of SEAMEO SPAFA’s mission in education, parts of the programme activity have been subsidized.
Priority will be given to:
- Undergraduate and graduate students (any field).
- Educators in schools/universities.
– With the above two priority considerations, applications of interest will be dealt on a first-come, first-serve basis.
– A good command of English would be advantageous as the seminar and workshop will be conducted in English.
Application form, which will request a ‘Statement of Interest’ (i.e. why are you interested in attending this seminar and workshop) of one paragraph limited to a maximum of 250 words, can be accessed here: Hindu Arts Application Form.
Important Dates for Interested Parties:
March 10 – Application deadline
March 17 – Announcement of approved applicants.
March 24 – Payment of fees for seminar and workshop
For enquiries on course content and application procedures, please contact Dr Wannasarn Noonsuk at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries related to logistical arrangements, please contact Ms Linh Anh Moreau at email@example.com.