The 22nd Congress of the Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association (IPPA22), of which SPAFA is a co-organizer, is fast approaching. IPPA22 will be held at the Le Méridien Marriott, Chiang Mai, Thailand from 7-12 November 2022.
Conference booth: Please come and visit us at our conference booth! We will have books for sale as well as flyers and souvenirs. If you have yet to make full payment for the excursion, you can do it there. If you already have made payment, you can pick up the official receipt from us.
See you at IPPA22!
As part of the organizing committee for IPPA22, SEAMEO SPAFA has organized a special four-day post-conference excursion which will take participants on an overland journey from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Along the way, participants will visit various rock art and cultural sites in Lampang, Phetchabun and Saraburi provinces. These sites are much less on the popular tourist trail, but are nevertheless important in terms of cultural heritage.
Start: Chiang Mai, 13 November 2022
End: Bangkok, 16 November 2022
A fee of THB 14,000/person* (approx. USD$390) to cover the costs of transport, board and ancillary charges. *Early bird rate: THB 12,000 if booked before 30 September 2022*
> Learn more about the #IPPA22 Post-Conference Excursion, here.
Paper and Poster Abstract Submissions are due on 15 August (this coming Monday).
You can find the abstract submission form here.
As a co-organizer for the 22nd Congress of the Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association, the SEAMEO Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts is pleased to announce a scholarship programme to support Southeast Asian participants to attend the Congress. The scholarship will support participants in their conference fee/travel/accommodation expenses to attend the congress. Eligibility and funding restrictions apply.
The SEAMEO Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Art is an intergovernmental centre in the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization dedicated to the promotion of professional competence, awareness and preservation of cultural heritage, in the fields of archaeology and fine arts in Southeast Asia.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 21 October 2022.
- Citizen in one of the SEAMEO member countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam)
- Lead presenter of a paper in the 22nd IPPA Congress
- Not already receiving funding to cover the expenses for which you are requesting scholarship for (i.e. if you have a travel grant you may not apply the scholarship to cover the costs of travel) / Have not received any other funding for the scholarship you are applying for (i.e. if you already have a travel grant then you may not apply for the travel scholarship)
- Please fill up the application form here.
- Successful participants will be notified at the end of October
- The scholarship will be disbursed in-person at the conference, in Thai Baht.
Please remember to pre-register for the conference. If you are intending to make a request for funding from IPPA or Granucci, the registration form is the only way we will know that you have submitted a request (there is no guarantee that you will get funded).
The pre-registration form can be found here.