Library and Documentation Services
The SEAMEO SPAFA Library and Documentation Services was established in 1986 as an integral component of the Centre, under the immediate supervision of the Centre Director.
- Serve the Centre in the implementation of programme activities designed to meet SEAMEO SPAFA’s objectives.
- Collect documents and document the vanishing forms of fine arts which are being endangered through neglect.
- Co-operate with libraries and information centres, professional associations and institutions, government and non-government agencies, at national, regional and international levels, in the execution of library and information services in relevant subject fields.
- Select and acquire books and other information sources in subject fields relevant to the Centre’s interest and programmes of activities.
- Systematically organize, store, and maintain the information materials acquired, for easy access, e.g. classification, cataloging, shelving and retrieving information.
- Provide library and reference services such as answering queries, literature search, referral services, etc..
- Repackage information to develop new information tools suited to the needs of users; e.g. selecting, analysing, abstracting, indexing and maintaining databases.
- Act as a clearinghouse of information held or generated by the Centre e.g. newsletters, journals, directories, bibliographies, and digests.
- Document cultural object and activities.
- Publish and disseminate information on Centre’s activities and on subjects that are relevant to the Centre’s interests.
- Provide research services, and in-service training for library personnel.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 16.00 (except on public holidays).
- Library visitors may use and photocopy materials in the library, but are not allowed to bring books out of the library.
- For interlibrary loan, please contact the librarian.