Newly-published in the SPAFA Journal, a special section entitled Integrating Local Perspectives into Southeast Asian Archaeology edited by Rasmi Shoocongdej, Podjanok Kanjanajunthorn and Wesley Clarke. The selection of papers were presented at the panel of the same name from the 21st Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association Conference in September 2018 in Hue, Vietnam.
- A local discourse on the early belief system from the Philippines using evidence from the Guthe Collection by Grace Barretto-Tesoro http://dx.doi.org/10.26721/spafajournal.v4i0.616
- Where the Global meets the Local: Managing Caves as Heritage Places within a Mining and Extractive Industry in the Lao PDR by Nicholas Duke Roberts http://dx.doi.org/10.26721/spafajournal.v4i0.617
- The Three-Age System: A Struggle for Southeast Asian Prehistoric Periodisation by Podjanok Kanjanajuntorn http://dx.doi.org/10.26721/spafajournal.v4i0.623
- The Challenge of Archaeological Interpretation and Practice that Integrates between the Science of the Past and Local Knowledge by Rasmi Shoocongdej http://dx.doi.org/10.26721/spafajournal.v4i0.632
- Over-research and ethics dumping in international archaeology by Ben Marwick, Thanh Son Pham and May Su Ko http://dx.doi.org/10.26721/spafajournal.v4i0.625