Criteria for Selection of Participants
We are looking for participants who are eager to develop their leadership knowledge and skills.
Young people with strong potential to lead the future generations of Southeast Asian are invited to apply.
Two (2) participants from each SEAMEO-member country will be selected to join the Forum.
- 1. Nationality: SEAMEO-member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam).
- 2. Age: Priority will be given to interested participants who are 18 to 24 years old.
- 3. Educational attainment:
- a. Applicants must either be: i) in the senior year of their undergraduate university program or ii) graduates of an undergraduate university program in the last academic year.
- b. Senior students or recent graduates of various degree programs – e.g. sciences, maths, humanities, social sciences, media, business, agriculture, etc. – may apply.
- 5. Experience: Participants with leadership experience in school or in their communities have an advantage.
- 6. Language: English proficiency (reading, writing, speaking).
- 7. Desired personal qualities: open-minded, respectful of other cultures, willing to learn, team player, and extroverted.
Note: Scanned copies of the required documents can be accepted.
- 1. Filled out application form MS Word
- 2. Answers to the following essay questions (about 250 words each question)
- a. What is your envisioned career path?
- b. How will you benefit from the 1st
you think are the actions or activities
you will learn from the Forum?
SEAMEO Leadership Forum? What do you think are the actions and activities you could implement based on what you will learn from the Forum?
- c. Why should you be chosen to participate in the Forum?
- 3. One letter of recommendation from a professional or academic contact with official letterhead and signature of the referee
- 4. Official transcript of university records or certified copy of grades
- 5. Curriculum vitae (optional)